Archive for the ‘wedding’ Category
I have too much going on right now. I can’t think straight anymore and I can’t seem to remember if I lost my mind. Things are “good” (relative), but we’re just so darn busy that we can’t seem to catch a break from anything. Here’s what’s up in our lives:
- The India 08 trip looms on the horizon. We have another $3,000 to raise to get there and back again, along with all of the trip meetings, the planning, packing, and preparing for the trip. SCREAM!!!!
- We just started our company today, which is named “TK, Assembled.” Laugh all you want, but it’s real and legit. I’ve even got our logo done, and I just did our first invoice today. My new job and company are hand in hand, but there is so much to do as far as banking, management, and bookkeeping. I’m working 10-6 every day of the week, so time is definitely at a premium. All these things are slowly yet surely crushing my internal organs. This is a brand new thing for me, doing the whole entrepreneur thing and starting something big. I’m so glad I have my bride to encourage me onward, it helps so much.
The job I’m doing right now is so much bigger than even I know. I can’t emphasize enough how large and massive this website and concept is. It’s completely ridiculous how much work will need to be done on it. Again, my beautiful bride keeps lovingly nudging me on, and I’m so grateful.
- Well, we definitely have our wedding still on the horizon to plan. There’s no big deal with that, in fact it’s not too hard. There’s certainly a lot to do, but I would much rather be doing wedding stuff than all of the other things that I have to do. The sooner the wedding, the better, but it’s on May 3rd regardless.
- I’ve been officially accepted into the e3 Internship program, which I have no idea what that means and the full implications of taking on another job.
- School is HECK and I thought my Photoshop teacher had completely abandoned me for a moment there, I worked all night on a project, then went to turn it in and it didn’t work. That was nearly where I had a nervous breakdown.
- Sometime, I have to meet with Jim and “sort out” the “issues” that we have. I know it won’t get anything done, but as a Christian, I need to be accountable and I need to speak up when something is horribly wrong, and there is something horribly wrong with him and that ministry. I’m praying for the guys that come in there, that they’d really find God amidst all of the distraction and the corruption.
We’ll hopefully write soon!
- TK & Lea
It’s been a long time since we posted, so I thought I should add to the blog to keep everyone updated. Well, yes, we’re engaged, we’re getting married in May (not soon enough), May 3rd to be exact. I’m happy to have a ring on her finger, a date for the wedding, and just to know that I’m going to be her groom forever and always.
However, in our case, we’ve found out the absolute frustration of just being engaged. There’s no stress about the wedding planning, and we’ve never fought or had really any disagreements, that’s not where the frustration comes from. The rest of the world has to deal with that, but none of those things are too large for our God to push through. They are petty and meaningless in the light of getting married. Our frustration is different.
Many of you won’t understand what will follow. The frustration we now have is from not being married. God has created us to be one, and in many ways we are, we think the same way, love the same things, have a parallel passion for God, and while we are apart, we only feel like two halves, rather than a whole person. Herein lies the tragedy and the frustration.
We are one in mind, one in heart, one in soul, and one in spirit. Yet, I go home every night to a place that isn’t my real home, and she goes home to a place that isn’t her home. I wake up each morning in a strange place, and every morning she wakes up in a strange place. I have to drive half an hour to get from my current residence to hers, and at any given moment, I am thirty minutes away from her.
Of course, we won’t go into specifics regarding the full extent of this period of suffering, but you must understand that we need prayer as we suffer patiently through this awfully long period of 5 months.
Till then, we will wait, suffer, and we will pray. Until next time,